sunnuntai 2. huhtikuuta 2017

Rusalka in Kinapori service center in Helsinki, the 2nd of April, 2017


RUSALKA  

 

Opera society Fantasia performed Antonín Dvořák’s Rusalka in Kinapori service center in Helsinki. What an unusual experience! For the first time I heard an entire opera accompanied by only a piano. Laura Kivikoski behind the piano was spectacular! The opera as such can easily be called home-made. The Kinapori Hall reminded me of a school hall from my childhood and the audience was offered apple juice and butter cookies during the intermission (included to the ticket price). But in a way this made the experience rather charming.

In setting and costumes Fantasia also followed recycling principles, which was easy to see. The costumes weren’t exactly posh, but again reminded me of home-made costumes for the school play. My favourite was the grey cape of the Vodník, even though his hood did not always stay on the head when moving around the stage. The lights were most of the time blue, which I suppose both symbolized water and the blue atmosphere of the opera.

Silja Sevonkari, who sang the main role, did well in her role and I also liked very much Kalle Virtanen in the role of the Hunter. He had a lovely soft voice, which was a pleasure to listen to.

In the end I must say that I got positive enough impression on the performance, so that I will most likely need to go and see also the future productions of this opera society.  

Singers in blue

Programme, copyright Fantasia

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti