torstai 19. joulukuuta 2019

Fork at the Savoy Theatre, the 13th of December, 2019


Contrary to my normal traditions this year I did not get to hear Cantores Minores, but a friend of mine invited me to the Fork Christmas concert. Fork is an a capella band and they are ending their career, so I thought that now is the time to go and finally see them. Though, when I had had a week at work when the working days had been closer to 16 than 8 hours, I was perhaps a bit tired concert guest.

I may not be the exact target group of Fork, but it is definitely a very professional group of singers (Anna Asunta, Mia Hafrén, Kasper Ramström and Jonte Ramsten). Their voices fit together nicely and they were also good performers. The only native Finnish speaking member Asunta was perhaps the most colourless figure and at least one song was a bit too ambitious for her voice. But as a whole, the evening was very entertaining and if the band were to continue its career, I could imagine going to their concert another time.

I liked the best Mia Hafréns solos. Her metal version of “Tonttujen jouluyö” was absolutely hilarious. And the Marilyn Monroe style version of “Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer” was a good second. Jonte Ramsten’s “Helga Natt” was also good (not nearly as good as Jussi Björling’s version, but none are). And Kasper Ramström’s “Last Christmas” was also very entertaining; a good performer manages to make even such an old and tired song a bit ironic. All in all, the evening was a very well done package, that fit the Christmassy feeling.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti