tiistai 14. maaliskuuta 2017

7! at Alexander Theatre, the 11th of March, 2017

7!




Show choir Aventur is performing again this spring at Alexander Theatre. I also saw their previous show Kohu! a couple of years ago and now they are performing 7! The show is a good reminder that human voice is the most beautiful instrument in the world and no orchestra is needed to create a fabulous world of sounds.


I liked the construction of the programme; there was a clear aim to have a balance between beautiful ballads, humorous pieces and sheer voice racketing. However, the main role was always played by singing. Arrangements were mainly really good (major part of them made by the artistic director of the choir Miika Granholm), some even fantastic. I was especially happy that there were several songs where altos sung the melody. In most choir pieces the melody is sung by sopranos and even though I am a soprano myself and thus slightly biased, I have to say, that this time the important role the altos had, gave the performance new depth and balance. Especially since they did a great job!


Also the male members of the choir took the main role a few times. As a fan of Rammstein after reading the programme I was really looking forward to the first song of the second part of the evening “Du hast”. Unfortunately there seemed to be some technical problems and there was some extra buzzing heard for a while in the sound system which disturbed my enjoyment a bit. So, since “Du hast” could not be enjoyed fully, my favourite song became “Circle of Life”. That was a great combination of skillful singing and lovely light show!


I think the choir has become better since their previous show Kohu! The choreography was also smoother, so that I can only recommend the performance for everybody, who enjoys beautiful singing, entertainment and a good show. There are still several performances left in Alexander Theatre and also one (17th of March) in Pakkahuone in Tampere. Tickets to Helsinki performances are available at Ticketmaster and to Tampere performance at Tiketti or Lippu.fi.





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti