torstai 17. syyskuuta 2020

Tapiola Simfonietta and Tuuli Takala in Tapiola Hall, the 11th of September, 2020

The autumn season opening concert of Tapiola Sinfonietta was this year dedicated to Mozart. They performed two of his symphonies: Symphony No 33 in B major K. 319 and Symphony No. 36 in C major K. 256, so called “Linz”. Out of these two I like the latter more and it is mainly thanks to the timpani, which were played by Antti Rislakki. It was very interesting to follow his work. I had never before understood, how versatile an instrument they are.

The conductor of the evening was Jonas Rannila. I have earlier heard him mostly in operas, but the orchestra sounded really good when he was conducting symphonies, too. It was pleasant to see his enthusiasm.

The soloist of the evening was soprano Tuuli Takala. In the main concert she sang three Mozart arias. I was impressed by her for the first time, when she years ago sang the role of the Queen of the Night at the Finnish National Opera. Now you could hear how her voice had changed over the years and I am looking forward to hearing, what kind of change is still coming in the years to come.

After the concert there was an after-the-concert concert, where Tuuli Takala and her pianist performed two songs from the Finnish composers Armas Järnefelt, Leevi Madetoja and Jean Sibelius. I liked best the song “Tummat yrtit” (Dark-Hued Leaves) of Madetoja. It had an atmosphere that was especially touching. As additional songs we heard two Finnish folk songs: “Läksin mina kesäyönä käymään” (On a Summer Night I went to see) and Minun kultani kaunis on” (My beloved is beautiful). The rendition of the first song was the most beautiful I have ever heard. Absolute lovely! 



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti